Riding the bus is an easy way to let someone else do the driving for you.
It can provide you a simple way to incorporate some daily exercise into your routine and gives you time to read or just relax. Clark County is served by two different transit agencies, C-TRAN and TriMet.
C-TRAN serves Clark County with a fixed route system, provides connection service to areas in the county, a door-to-door paratransit service for those with disabilities who are unable to use the regular bus system, and express service to downtown Portland, Marquam Hill and the Lloyd District. For a system map and route information you can go to C-TRAN’s Fare Information or call (360) 695-0123.
TriMet services the Portland Metro region and includes a bus system, the light rail MAX lines, and the Portland Streetcar. For system maps and route information you can go to TriMet’s Fare Information or call (503) 238-7433.
TriMet Transit Centers
A TriMet transit center is a major transit hub served by several bus or MAX lines. TriMet transit centers are conveniently located throughout the metro area. For information on TriMet transit centers you can go to TriMet Transit Centers.
The hours of operation for TriMet buses varies with the routes. Some buses run past midnight, others stop earlier in the evening. Contact TriMet by phone or on the WEB to ensure you know that exact operating hours of any bus line. The MAX system runs every 5-15 minutes during the day roughly between 4:30 AM and midnight.
C-TRAN Transit Centers and Park & Ride Locations
C-TRAN offers free parking for C-TRAN riders and carpoolers for 48 hours. C-TRAN park and ride locations can be found at:
- 99th Street Transit Center (Park & Ride available): 9700 NE 7th Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98665
- Fishers Landing Transit Center (Customer Service Center, Park & Ride available): 3510 SE 164th Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98683
- Vancouver Mall Transit Center (Customer Service Center, Lost & Found): 8700 NE Van Mall Drive, Vancouver, WA 98662 (north side of mall)
- Salmon Creek Park & Ride: 1112 NE 136th Street, Vancouver, WA 98685
- Evergreen Park & Ride: 13601 NE NE 18th Street, Vancouver, WA 98664
- Andresen Park & Ride (parking lot of Living Hope Church):2711 NE Andresen Rd. Vancouver, WA 98661
TriMet offers free parking for TriMet riders and carpoolers for 24 hours. Many of TriMet’s Park & Ride lots have been generously donated by churches and businesses. These lots are available weekdays only for TriMet riders, carpools and vanpools. Information on TriMet Park & Ride can be found at TriMet Park & Ride Locations.